Linnea Residence is committed to maximizing each person's absolute
creative potential, developing plans to fit their capabilities and specific needs.
Each individual’s development is assessed annually and from these
evaluations an interdisciplinary person-centered approach is utilized
to plan goals to aid in the development of each person’s maximum
Emphasis throughout the program is focused on each individual’s
personal choice and positive reinforcement of increasing independence
and socially acceptable behavior.
Priority areas or programming include behavior, communication,
community, recreation/leisure, self care and domestic.
Other components of Linnea's programming include:
- 24-hour care with 1:4 or 2:4 staffing ratio
- Residents are encouraged to assist with household tasks alongside caregivers
- Residents are offered the opportunity to participate in a variety of community and/or religious activities
- Family members are encouraged to maintain contact with residents. Staff assist the residents in a person-centered approach to assist them with maintaining all relationships
- Many residents participate in day achievement programs off-site
The staff at Linnea include the Administrator/Program Director, the Program
Coordinator/QDDP, Health Care Coordinator/LPN, Assistant Coordinator
and Direct Care Professionals. In addition, the facilities utilize the services
of a dietician, registered nurse, MD and pharmacist on a consultant basis.